June 22 - 24 2023
Dear future participants in VSU’2023,
Dear friends and colleagues
On behalf of the Organizing Committee, we kindly invite you to participate in the XXIII International Scientific Conference VSU'2023, which will be held on 22, 23 and 24 June 2023 in Sofia.
Assoc. Dr. Eng. Iliana Stoynova
Chair of the Organizing Committee of VSU'2023
USEA "L. Karavelov", Sofia
The international scientific conference is held every year at the Lyuben Karavelov Higher School of Civil Engineering - Sofia. Co-organizers of the conference are Bulgarian institutions and professional organizations operating in the field of architecture and construction. The scientific committee is composed of famous Bulgarian and foreign scientists. The official languages of the conference are Bulgarian and English. The working languages are Bulgarian, English, Russian, French and German.
Various forms of participation in the conference are foreseen: report, poster, absentee participation, guest. Special events are organized - discussion forums, company presentations and exhibitions, competitions for the best report by a young scientist, student poster and student report.
University of Architecture, Construction and Geodesy - Sofia
Report topic: „Computer-aided analyzes in geotechnical design“
University of Novi Sad, Serbia
Report topic: "Reference to mythical syndromes in the architecture of the 21st century"
Anita Handruleva, Assoc. Prof. Ph.D. Eng., USEA (VSU) „Lyuben Karavelov“, Bulgaria
1. Aleksandra Ivanova, Assoc. Prof. Ph.D., USEA (VSU) „Lyuben Karavelov“, Bulgaria
2. Ana Yanakieva, Institute of Mechanics, BAS, Bulgaria
3. Antonio Formisano, Prof. Ph.D. Eng., University of Naples Federico II, Italy
4. Asterios Liolios, Prof. Ph.D. Eng., Democritus University of Thrace, Greece
5. Bojidar Yanev, Prof. Ph.D. Eng., Columbia University, New York City, USA
6. Borislav Daalov, Assoc. Prof. Ph.D. Eng., USEA (VSU) „Lyuben Karavelov“,
7. Borislava Mancheva-Velkova, Assoc. Prof. Ph.D. Eng., USEA (VSU) „Lyuben Karavelov“,
8. Clara Bertolini-Cestari, Prof. Ph.D. Arch., Polytechnic University of Turin, Turin, Italy
9. Dimitar Vlasarev, Proff. Ph.D. arch., USEA (VSU) „Lyuben Karavelov“, Bulgaria
10. Dimitrina Kindova-Petrova, Assoc. Proff. Ph.D. eng. University of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy, Bulgaria
11. Doncho Partov, Prof. Ph.D. Eng., USEA (VSU) „Lyuben Karavelov“, Bulgaria
12. Dragan Kostic, Prof. Ph.D. Eng., University of Niš, Serbia
13. Eva Kormaníková, Prof. Ph.D. Eng., Technical University of Košice, Slovakia
14. Frantishek Wald , Prof. Ph.D. Eng., Czech Technical University in Prague, Czech
15. Golubka Necevska-Cvetanovska, Prof. Ph.D. Eng., Institute of Earthquake Engineering & Engineering Seismology, Skopje, North Macedonia
16. Hartmut Pasternak , Prof. D.Sc. Eng., Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus–Senftenberg, Germany
17. Hristina Zayakova, Assoc. Prof. Ph.D. Eng., USEA (VSU) „Lyuben Karavelov“, Bulgaria
18. Iliana Stoynova, Assoc. Prof. Ph.D. Eng., USEA (VSU) „Lyuben Karavelov“
19. Jindřich Melcher, Prof. D.Sc. Eng., University of Technology, Brno, Czech Republic
20. Jiří Studnička, Prof. D.Sc. Eng., Technical University of Košice, Slovakia
21. Jozef Melcer, Prof. Ph.D. Eng., University of Jilina, Slovakia
22. Konstantin Kazakov, Prof. D.Sc. Eng., USEA (VSU) „Lyuben Karavelov“, Bulgaria
23. Lachezar Hrischev, Assoc. Prof. Ph.D. Eng., University of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy, NTSSB, Bulgaria
24. Lyuben Lyubenov, Assoc. Prof. Ph.D. Eng., USEA (VSU) „Lyuben Karavelov“
25. Mario Chiorino, Prof. Ph.D. Eng., Polytechnic University of Turin, Turin, Italy
26. Mariusz Maślak, Prof. Ph.D. Eng., Cracow University of Technology, Poland
27. Meri Cvetkovska, Prof. Ph.D. Eng., Cyril and Methodius University of Skopje, North Macedonia
28. Milosh Drdácki , Prof. D.Sc. Eng., Institute of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague, Czech Republic
29. Nadja Kurtović-Folić, Prof. Ph.D. Arch., University of Novi Sad, Serbia
30. Naida Admović, Prof. Ph.D. Eng., University of Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
31. Natasa Zivaljevic-Luxor, Ph.D. Arch., National Heritage Foundation, Serbia
32. Nicolae Țăranu, Prof. Ph.D. Eng., Gheorghe Asachi Technical University of Iași, Romania
33. Pencho Dobrev, Proff. Ph.D. arch. ., USEA (VSU) „Lyuben Karavelov“, Bulgaria
34. Petar Grekov, Assoc. Prof. Ph.D. Eng., USEA (VSU) „Lyuben Karavelov“
35. Philippe Van Bogaert, Prof. Ph.D. Eng., Ghent University, Belgium
36. Radomir Folić, Prof. Ph.D. Eng., University of Novi Sad, Serbia
37. Robert Eadie, Ph.D. Eng., Ulster University, Northern Ireland, UK
38. Stanislav Tsvetkov, Assoc. Prof. Ph.D. Eng., USEA (VSU) „Lyuben Karavelov“, Bulgaria
39. Stela Tasheva, Assoc. Proff. Ph.D. arch., University of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy, Bulgaria
40. Svetlana Lilkova-Markova, Prof. Ph.D. Eng., University of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy, Bulgaria
41. Teodor Roshavelov, Prof. D.Sc. Eng., USEA (VSU) „Lyuben Karavelov“, Bulgaria
42. Todor Georgiev, Assoc. Prof. Ph.D. Eng., USEA (VSU) „Lyuben Karavelov“, Bulgaria
43. Valentin Nikolov, Prof. Ph.D. Eng., VTU „T. Kableshkov“
44. Valery Ivanov, Proff. Ph.D. arch., University of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy, Bulgaria
45. Vanyo Georgiev, Assoc. Prof. Ph.D. Eng., USEA (VSU) „Lyuben Karavelov“, Bulgaria
46. Ventseslav Al. Stoyanov, Assoc. Prof. Ph.D. Eng., USEA (VSU) „Lyuben Karavelov“, Bulgaria
47. Ventsislav K. Stoyanov, Assoc. Prof. Ph.D. Eng., USEA (VSU) „Lyuben Karavelov“, Bulgaria
48. Yanko Alexandrov, Prof. Ph.D. Arch., USEA (VSU) „Lyuben Karavelov“, Bulgaria
49. Yatchko Ivanov, Acad. Prof. DScTech. Eng., European Polytechnic University, NTSSB, Bulgaria
50. Yesim Aktuglu, Prof. Ph.D. Arch., Dokuz Eylul University, Izmir, Turkey
51. Yulia Ilieva, Assoc. Prof. Ph.D. Arch., USEA (VSU) „Lyuben Karavelov“
Iliana Soynova, Assoc. Prof. Ph.D. Eng.
Vanyo Georgiev, Assoc. Prof. Ph.D.
Doncho Partov, Prof. Ph.D. Eng.
Hristina Zayakova, Assoc. Prof. Ph.D. Eng.
Yulia Ilieva, Assoc. Prof. Ph.D. Arch.
Stanislav Tsvetkov, Assoc. Prof. Ph.D. Eng.
Ivanka Marinova, Ch. Assistant Prof. Ph.D. Arch.
Antoaneta Dimitrova, Senior Lecturer - English
Iliana Romanova, student
I. Architecture and urbanism
II. Art and conservation of architectural heritage
III. Construction mechanics. Seismic engineering.
IV. Building constructions. Foundation and Geotechnics.
V. Construction materials and technologies. Building physics and healthy living environment. Construction Technology and Management.
VІ. Construction organization. Construction management and entrepreneurship. Construction law and real estate.
VII. Safety and security in construction. Sustainable construction and environmental security. Digitization in construction, architecture and education.
VIII. Student section
2 April 2023
Submission of participation requests and abstracts of reports (extended term)
3 April 2023
Acknowledgment of abstract requests (extended term)
17 May 2023
Sending the full text of the reports (extended term)
19 May 2023
Confirm acceptance of the full text and start the review (extended term)
29 May 2023
Deadline for receipt of reviewers' comments (extended term)
9 June 2023
Sending a final full text, corrected after recommendations from reviewers and payment of fees by bank transfer
19 June 2023
Publication of the final conference program
22 June 2023
Registration of participants and start of the conference
University of Structural Engineering and Architecture Lyuben Karavelov,
175 Suhodolska St
First author BGN 150/75 Euro
Co-author 80 BGN/40 Euro
Listener 80 BGN/40 Euro
Company presentation - report 200 BGN/100 Euro
Company presentation - exhibition and/or demonstration 300 BGN/150 Euro
Doctoral student 60 BGN/30 Euro
Student, pupil 40 BGN/20 Euro
Participant by co-organizer for free
Traditionally participating company - report 150 BGN/75 Euro
Traditionally participating company and/or demonstration - exhibition 200 BGN/100 Euro
Participation fees include: publication of up to two abstracts and articles in the proceedings, proceedings, conference materials, cocktail party, etc., which depend on the type of participation.
IBAN: BG02 BNBG 9661 3100 1461 01
HOLDER: VSU Lyuben Karavelov
In the payment document, write the name of the participant and indicate that the payment is for the conference, for example: "Peter Ivanov, VSU'2023"
Invitation in Bulgarian
Invitation in English
Report template in Bulgarian
Instructions for completing in Bulgarian
Report template in English
Instructions for filling in English
firstname.lastname@example.org - for correspondence in Bulgarian.
email@example.com - for correspondence in English.
To send a message, you can also use a page Feedback for VSU'2023.
Sign in to your profile (if you participated last year), or register a new user profile. (If you have forgotten your password, set a new password on the new registration page, as if you were creating a new account with your previous email. The password will be changed after you confirm by opening the received link. Other data from the old profile except the password will not be affected.) Abstracts and full texts of papers are submitted online (See previous year's guidelines) or are sent to the above contact emails.
With one "presentation" fee, participation in the conference is allowed with up to two papers. They can be written and published in Bulgarian or English. (See: Publication requirements.)
The reports are published in the collection "International Scientific Conference VSU'2023" in the form of articles. Each article and its abstract is reviewed by two anonymous independent reviewers, in most cases members of the Scientific Committee.
The collection consists of several volumes in electronic form, the articles in which are distributed and arranged by the editors of the publication. It is identified by an international publication number for a periodical ISSN: 1314-071X and includes a paper collection of abstracts in Bulgarian and English, and an electronic medium containing the edition in pdf-format, with color reproduction of the full text of the articles. Files with the full text of the articles are also published on the conference website. (See the conference pages from previous years.)
The collection of reports is included in „The National Reference List (NRL) of contemporary Bulgarian scientific publications with peer review“.
The authors of the reports retain their copyright and may provide unaltered published reports to scholarly publication repositories such as ResearchGate, Google Scholar etc.
The authors bear full responsibility for the content of the reports. In other words, the organizers of VSU'2023 and the editors are not responsible for the content of the articles, as well as for consequences if the authors have caused harm to third parties. VSU is the publisher and as such receives rights to offer and distribute the edition with the published articles.
The fact that you have applied for the VSU'2023 conference means that you have accepted and agree to these terms and conditions.
• Maximum number of reports: 2;
• The full text of a report should not exceed 10 pages;
• To comply with the requirements of the template;
• Page format: А4;
• Pages are not numbered;
• The file should be in .DOCX format of Microsoft Word and .PDF format;
• Reports designed only as presentations and posters are not published in the collection;
• Reports that do not meet the specified requirements are not published.
A presentation is an oral presentation of a report. A presentation aid is a multimedia projector. We therefore recommend that all supporting materials be digitized. When preparing files (*.pptx, *.ppt, *.pdf, *.docx, etc.) use standard fonts or embed any non-standard fonts in the file.
The duration of the presentation is 15 minutes, which includes the discussion, i.e. answer questions. To make the presentations more dynamic, it is necessary to give your presentation to the technical person in the hall before the start of each session. If you plan to use sound in your presentation, please let us know in advance.
The poster enables a quick and complete perception of the idea of the report. We recommend this type of participation when a large part of the issues under consideration can be illustrated graphically or when there is expected interest from a large number of participants. The poster allows individual details to be discussed in direct personal contact with the author.
The poster should be prepared on a single sheet with width - 75-90 cm, height - 100-120 cm "portrait" orientation in order to better visualize the details. The title and authors are positioned at the top of the poster. In this part, the title, authors and an extended summary in English must be placed in an appropriate manner. The size of the text, illustrations, graphics should be large enough to be read from a distance of about 1.5 - 2 meters. There is a copy center on the VSU campus where you can print your poster in a few minutes at a low cost.
The duration of the presentation, discussion and evaluation of the posters is 75 minutes. For a stricter conduct of the poster sessions, it is necessary that before the start of the session the posters are installed in the designated places.
Students only present posters.
In the Conference, there is an opportunity for absentee participation, which is the publication of a report, after the appropriate review by a member of the Scientific Committee. Absentee participants receive all materials published by the conference.
The Listener participates in the Conference without presenting a report. The listener can participate in all sessions and side events.
Company presentations can be:
The paper does not differ from the oral presentation of a scientific paper, with the difference that the company presentation is allocated 15 minutes in a plenary session or 30 minutes in a regular session for presentation and follow-up questions and discussion. This report is not included in the Proceedings of the conference.
The exhibition is the provision of an independent stand, which is located in a suitable place, near the conference rooms and the registry. For the demonstration, it is necessary to prepare a special secured and equipped site, the conditions for which are agreed with the Chairman of the Organizing Committee - Prof. Iliana Stoynova (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Advertising is a printout of information in the Conference Program (up to half a page) and a slide show on an additional screen during the opening of the conference and the Plenary Session (up to 10 slides, the frequency of presentation depends on the number of advertisers).
Powered by MyCMS